Save Time & Money
Eliminate Data Entry
By completely moving many permits
and licenses "to the cloud", you can move responsibility for data entry
the person applying for the license or permit. Permits and licenses that
are great candidates for online application include the following:
- Garage sale permits
- Business licenses
- Animal licenses
- Contractor licenses
- Open burn permits
Reduce Mailing Costs by Making Bills More Accessible
your customers to manage their accounts and
receive bills electronically via email thus enabling government
directly reduce printing and mailing costs.
Our system provides a turnkey solution for bill presentment and
automates the registration process for constituents to access any type
online. Great candidates for our bill presentment and payment solution include:
- Utility Billing
- Property Taxes
- Restaurant Licenses
- Business Licenses
Reduce Phone Calls by Integrating to Back Office Systems
Whether it's enabling online access
to licenses or preparing a map of upcoming garage sales for your public
website, eGov offers numerous options for plug-and-play integration. Our integration approaches can range from
automated data transfers that reduce the burden on your back-office systems to
full integrations that interact live with production systems. Savings include significantly reducing phone calls and enabling constituent "self service". Great candidates for integration include:
- Property Tax records
- Inmate records
About Our Company
eGov Strategies LLC is an Indianapolis-based Internet software and services company, in business for 12 years with a nationwide customer base. We offer a comprehensive suite of software that enables enterprise payment services, content management and additional interactive services for local, state and federal government. eGov's software solutions focus on lowering the cost government while engaging constituents, enhancing convenience and promoting transparency. Team highlights follow:
- As employees of the City of Indianapolis, our co-founders lead the creation and strategic direction of an effort which received numerous "Best Government Website" awards including Government Technology's top award in 1998, Best of the Web.
- The programming team includes members who created one of the first online parking ticket payment systems and have significant integration experience using various back-office systems and programming languages.
- Implementation services are directed by a former city employee who was an eGov customer and has more than 15 years leading government projects.
- Design services are led by a team of design professionals - some with more than 10 years' experience designing government websites.
- The team is lead by an executive with significant operational, financial, and municipal experience.
The eGov Manager CMS is a government-focused content management system that makes it easy for non-technical staff to update and manage website content and interactive services.
Rather than creating pages for your various departments, divisions, topics or categories that you envision for your website, these pages are managed as "structure" items within the system. The benefit is that each structure element can have additional information associated with it, including:
- Descriptions (for the home page, mobile page, Intranet page or more)
- Contact Information (addresses and phone numbers)
- Department leaders and staff
- Services and Programs
- Locations & Facilities
- many, many more
The advantage of the eGov approach is that when content needs to be added to the website (like a news release), it can be classified to any or all of the structure elements. This makes it easy to make content accessible to your constituents through multiple paths. Each content type also has its own landing page to aggregate content regardless of classification (e.g. see all Forms & Applications within the website).
Documentation is critically important to any successful software project implementation. Thus, our implementation project is organized with several key milestones - each of which includes a written deliverable. Typical projects include the following:
- Kickoff Meeting Notes - provides an overview of project goals and key team members; and
- eGov Roadmap - a comprehensive 2-3 year plan for your website that usually includes summary of discussions with key department leaders and staff.
Our strategic planning process is guided by local government best practices. Thus, prior to planning meetings with clients, eGov will provide a database of department-specific best practices to help new and even experienced web stewards learn to utilize the best practices of others.
The eGov Manager CMS for Mobile Websites enables clients to manage content for both their website and their mobile sites - or to simply manage mobile content that complements their existing website.
eGov Mobile solutions can be configured in one of three ways:
- iPhone application available through the iTunes Store;
- Android application
- Mobile web application (accessible from any smartphone device)
eGov also offers support for websites designed with responsive design technology so that the look-and-feel of your website changes based upon the device in which it is being viewed.
Mobile Web Applications
eGov also offers custom programming of mobile applications to fit the specific needs of our local government clients. Ask your eGov Consultant for more information about the various options and pricing.
The goal of our Website Design process is to provide you with a website design that reflects the character of your community. Our design approach is flexible - we can work with existing designs and designers or provide a unique design based on several meetings with client staff. Key aspects of our website design process include:
- Government Design Best Practices - we generally begin the process asking the project leader to review "best-in-class" designs with other team members; and
- Design Roadmap - after discussing your preferences based on viewing the best practices, eGov will create a Design Roadmap that outlines goals for key template pages and key decisions regarding logos and photos.
- Focus on the
customers' needs before launching a project
- Document client
input and summarize for approval and consider each site a unique implementation
- Incorporate local
images in design to reinforce and promote the community/customer identity
- Avoid clutter on
any web page, keeping it simple to read
- Provide multiple
pathways to content so users are not required to know the structure of
- Content must be
accessible to all users, regardless of disabilities and include ADA requirements (like contact information on every page)
- Language must be
- Site should be
optimized to provide maximum transfer speeds for users
In today's e-government, your government website may be the last place someone goes for information. eGov's one-click publishing tools enable you to reach constituents through email, SMS, mobile apps and social media tools - essentially extending the reach of local government.
Enterprise Payment Portal
The best way to save money within your agency and to better serve your constituents is to provide your constituents with the ability to make payments for government services online. But if you don't have a unified approach for all of your payments, you may be misdirecting your constituents to websites that have a different look-and-feel, aren't user-friendly and require your users to create yet another registration.
Enterprise Payment Portal Features
- Completely integrated to the look-and-feel of your website
- Enable constituents to see all payment options - sorted by name, type or department
- Enable constituents to view and receive bills via e-mail
- Enable constituents to create a user account for quick access to bills and receipts
- Integrate to back-office systems with one standard strategy either via batch files or live integration
- Consolidate reporting and reconciliation functions
Products Used: eGov Payments | eGov eBilling
About Our Products
From a product perspective, eGov Strategies is a company of firsts. Here are just some of our product highlights:
Leader in Product Design
eGov is architected based on the structure of government websites. Thus, eGov has actual components for the following:
- Departments and Divisions
- Boards & Commissions
- Categories & Subcategories
- Department & Staff Users
- Documents & Recurring Events
- Services & Programs
Leader in Interactive Services
eGov was the first e-government software provider to provide the following solutions:
- Citizens Action Center (in 2001)
- Content Windows for displaying news & events on various sub-pages (2002)
- Locations & Facilities w/ Google Mashup (2007)
- Programs & Facility Registration (2009)
- Comprehensive government iPhone application in the iTunes Store (2010)
- Enterprise Payment Portal w/ Bill Presentment & Payment (2011)
Leader in Comprehensive Payment Solutions
eGov currently processes over $150M in annual online transactions for approximately 250 clients. Our clients use our system in varying implementation scopes. Our solutions range from single implementations of integrated systems to an online portal that processes the majority of tax payments for the State of Oklahoma. We are PCI compliant.
Move to the Cloud
The eGov Manager solution is a Software-as-a-Service solution that provides an array of benefits to local governments:
- Secure hosting of applications and client data;
- Regular upgrades and enhancements; and
- Lower monthly or annual charges.
For more information, visit our Products page and find out more about our hosting solution.
The following companies are strategic partners. Please email us at email@example.com
if you are interested in becoming a partner.
TransFirst is eGov's strategic payment processing partner and merchant account services provider.
LightBound provides eGov with server management, data backup, disaster recovery and cloud computing services - all in a highly secure, environmentally controlled hosting facility.
ExactTarget powers eGov's email marketing solutions and is a global leader in providing email marketing solutions for clients around the world.
La Viaz Mobile
La Viaz is eGov's exclusive provider for mobile app solutions for iPhone and Android devices.
eGov Social Media & Alerts
Utilize eGov's Social Media & Alerts tools to get your message out and track it. Our one-click
publishing tools enable you to get control of your social media initiatives by
giving users publishing access to the social media accounts that you
choose. Monitor and track updates and gain
advanced reports that tell you how readers are accessing your message.
Key features of our tools include:
- Customize a specific message to email, SMS, Facebook or Twitter
- Shortened URL facilitates tracking and avoids posting long strings to social sites that limit characters
- Quick subscribe features for email and SMS
- Users can access their user profile to subscribe, unsubscribe or update account information
A comprehensive government website based on the eGov website architecture evolves very quickly and grows almost exponentially because of the sophisticated interactions of the various eGov components. Thus, it's difficult to provide estimates like - "we will create 50 pages ..." because documents can be batch uploaded, locations can be associated to multiple department and division pages and events can be created in a recurring fashion.
Content Migration Estimates
eGov provides clients with an estimate of hours that it will take to configure your new website - rather than an estimate of pages. Our estimates are very accurate and only in rare cases do we have the need to go back to the project leader and ask for additional hours to be budgeted for the project. We also utilize batch upload processes for publishing documents and events to the website - which can dramatically build out content with very little actual processing time.
A little business process reengineering + the just the right mix of eGov applications ... gives you a new web-enabled process that saves you time and lots and lots of paper. That's our definition of our Paperless eGov solutions.
Take registrations for simple licenses like garage sale permits and business licenses. They consume staff time and are burdensome for constituents. Our "Paperless eGov" solutions are designed to eliminate or make applying for these permits and licenses super-simple for constituents and at the same time, reduces data entry by government staff. An added benefit is that select data can be made available through your public website for searching by constituents also looking for that information.
Paperless eGov Features
Products Used: eGov Payments
- Available for a growing number of items including garage sale permits and business licenses
to configure with online forms and to integrate with your website
- Select submitted licensing information can be published to your website via search and mapping interfaces
- Easier for residents to comply - drives revenue
- Leverages eGov's existing citizen-facing and e-commerce products
| eGov eBilling
| eGov Web Apps
A core component of the eGov philosophy is to leverage the experience of other government users. Throughout the implementation planning
process, you can be assured that you will be learning from the
efforts of others. Our extensive library
of best practices is organized by department so even if your website is
starting from scratch - or needs to - you
will have plenty of resources to pull from.
The eGov Payment Center is one of the most flexible payment architectures available for local, state and federal governments. This flexibility allows the eGov team to work with clients to create dynamic solutions that provide real cost savings. Three specific solutions are:
- Enterprise Payment Portal
one-stop shop for the payment of fees, fines, licenses, permits, taxes, registrations. Enable users to associate their bills to their local government account so they can easily pay bills and view receipts.
- Bill Presentment & Payment
Enable customers to sign-up to receive email notifications when their bill is available and view their bill and account information online.
- Paperless eGov
Create a page for your website that centralizes registrations for simple permits and licenses - like garage sale permits, business licenses and more. Select license information can be made available to constituents via citizen-facing applications (like the Business Directory or an interactive map) or can be downloaded by department staff as needed.
eGov Strategies' professional training services transfer knowledge
quickly to allow any member of your team to be a master of their website area
and online tools. To ensure you receive the optimal value from your new
solution, we provide comprehensive training to all website administrators and
content providers within your organization, without monopolizing their valuable
time. Our knowledgeable trainers deliver
hands-on, role-based teaching and tutorials for managing your website, from
posting content and publishing documents, to building online directories and
sending mass e-mails. Our personalized instruction and proven training process
will enable your staff to confidently and independently manage your website, as
well as leverage the full range of benefits our online tools provide. Additionally, your training services package
- Customized instruction and on-demand tutorials
- Comprehensive, personalized training and support
- Professional electronic training manual
- Best Practice Library (sectioned into departments
and service areas for real-world application)
- Assistance area accessible for eGov Manager
- Resource website
- Ongoing workshops to introduce and train your
staff on new tools and technology releases
- Optional upgrades include:
- Additional refresher and/or new staff training
- Onsite training packages
Community Portals & CMSCreate a community hub with information on all aspects related to your local government directory of departments, boards & commissions; information about public meetings & special events; news & announcements; and public safety notices & videos.
Community Portal & CMS FeaturesThe unique architecture of the eGov Manager means that your portal is easily configured to reflect the structure of your specific governmental unit. This unique approach also enables you to manage the following components like data - not like pages:
- Locations & Facilities
Products Used: eGov CMS | eGov Mobile | eGov Web Apps
Scheduling a DemoeGov
Strategies provides a comprehensive software solution that is both
configurable and customizable. Complete
this form to provide us some specific information about your areas of
interest. One of our representatives will schedule a time to provide an
initial discussion to help you plan where to start. Typically,
several demos will be required as you gain buy-in for the initiative, and we
will happily assist you.
Mobile AccessProvide access to information and services to your constituents where they are - through our mobile technology. A leader in providing mobile access, our mobile solutions and design standards set the pace for mobile government. eGov was the first to provide a comprehensive app for aggregating information about local governments via launching of our mbile apps through the iPhone store in 2010.
Mobile Access Features
- Standard mobile web access w/ our CMS
- iPhone and Android applications (additional charge)
- Mobile-specific applications
- Responsive design option ensures your website is always optimized for the device on which it is being viewed
Products Used: eGov CMS | eGov Mobile | eGov Web Apps
eGov Strategies offers cities and counties one of the most flexible,
secure and cost-effective solutions available for local government
collections. Features for constituents include
the ability to:
bills via email
By utilizing the eGov Manager, staff get an unparalleled amount of
functionality in creating payments, sending bills and reminders and customizing
the look of forms, pages & emails.
Site QA & Launch
eGov Strategies provides quality assurance and advice on launch and
migration strategies. For example, in anticipation of the site launch, we work
with clients on the following:
- Domain name DNS changes to point your URL to the
- Determining whether to launch the site with or
without media announcements
- Transitioning any URL references from the
temporary URL or IP address to your official address
- Determining the appropriate timing of the launch
- Securing a secure certificate for your site to
encrypt sensitive communications between visitor and staff computers and the
Support does not end with a launch as post-launch services include:
- Technical support
- Application maintenance
- Access to a Team eGov community site
- Periodic site audits
Mapping & Geocoding Solutions are a great complement to your
community's existing GIS strategy. Because our system is built using the
Google Maps API, eGov Manager users get a sophisticated interface for
adding points and districts, a familiar user interface and seamless
integration into your existing website. Both non-technical and advanced
users can create maps with easy to use yet powerful drawing functions. Social Side of Community Planning
The eGov Mapping solution builds
on consumers' familiarity with the most commonly used map system on the
Internet (Google Maps) - your important information can be displayed as
a quick, at-a-glance reference for Road Construction, Capital
Projects, Line Repair, Public Hearing Requests, Park, Trail or other
- Quickly locate points or place map markers on an interactive Google map
- Create layers by overlaying KML or KMZ data from your existing GIS system
eGov Manager content components are geo-coded
Products Used: eGov Web Apps
eGov Web AppseGov offers a variety of web-based applications that enable governments
to streamline operations and reduce costs. A few of the web applications
currently available include:
- Action Center - for creating online forms that can be used for tracking constituent requests. A powerful workflow management tool enables issues to be tracked, resolved and reported - to other staff or to the constituent.
- Agenda Builder - Create, edit and distribute electronic meeting
agendas and save printing costs.
Associated documents can be uploaded to a specific meeting agenda
- Economic Development Tools - Publish a directory of businesses or promote business parks and other properties targeted for economic development purposes.
- Map Builder -Enables non-technical staff to create powerful,
interactive maps using Google Maps.
Examples of maps include: road construction, bikeways and trails,
development zones and more.
Meeting ManagementCreate, edit and distribute electronic meeting
agendas - thus saving on internal printing costs. Related documents can be uploaded to specific areas of the agenda so that
Meeting Management Features
- Templates enable
agendas to have different layouts and match your existing agenda's
- The entire agenda
can be compressed into a single file for distribution by email
re-ordering enables ordering agenda items as required
agenda templates include standard agenda items Call to Order, Roll Call, etc.
Products Used: eGov CMS | eGov Web Apps
eGov Strategies provides flexibility to clients for website and application hosting. While our web-based software can be hosted remotely, the majority of our clients take advantage of our ultra-secure web hosting services. Advantages include:
- Guaranteed uptime and daily back-ups in a secure, environmentally controlled data center
- High performance networks with virtually unlimited bandwidth
- Advanced firewalls that protect against malicious URLs, hacking and other cyber attacks
- Hosted in a SAS 70 Type II facility with 24 hour monitored surveillance
- Third-party site up-time monitoring